You can easily reach Timisoara by car coming from any part of Europe.
Main roads reaching Timisoara from the closest major cities in the region are:
- From Viena, 564 km – take A4 until Budapest and then continue as below.
- From Bratislava 521 km – take E65 until Rajka, then continue on M1 until Budapest. From Budapest follow the instructions below.
- From Budapest, 324 km – take M5 highway until Szeged, and continue on E68 another 150 km
- From Zagreb, 554 km – take A3 until Belgrade, and then continue as below.
- From Skopje, 589 km – take Autoroute 2 and E 75 until Belgrade and then continue as below
- From Sarajevo, 460 km – take E762 and E70 until Belgrade, and then continue as below
- From Belgrade, only 159 km – take E70 from Belgrade to Timisoara
- From Bucharest 547 km – take A1 until Pitesti and continue on E81 towards Sibiu